Saturday, October 11, 2008

Lady Gwenivere Traci




For the last week or so I have felt like I am living in the time of Mists of Avalon . While my husband goes off to slay dragons each day I am here, mostly here, in the castle tending to the hearth. Altho I am well aware of the impending if not present crisis with Wall Street etc my days are filled to the brim with everyday chores and trying to keep away the feeling of the "wolf at the door".

This week time was spend trying to beat the meat prices for my husband and the pups. Finally I procurred some for both. I had major discussions with the cleaning lady on the use of vinegar - I want, she doesn't - for all the floors, etc. I spent all of yesterday cooking vegetarian meals that can easily be eaten for rushed nights. And then there is the laundry issue, of cats mhmmming on the bed sheets.


The rest of my time is spent trying to find time to write, doing charity needlecraft and just figuring out supper. It is very easy to get involved in the immediacy of cold frames and winter gardening and tobogann making for seniors and children and not to realize that many things are falling down around me. To have good books to read, ample art supplies, enough yarn to cover the house and musical instruments galore and not see disaster. To spend my time holding furries and making sure everyone is paid attention to and is healthy - including my husband!


Now this the very chauvenistic traditional wife part of me - But isn't that the wife's job?

1 comment:

saraeanderson said...

Everyone needs taking care of now and then. I've been caught up in my own issues (tired, worried, etc.), and feeling like I'm neglecting my husband, who is taking finals now. Last year I made it my duty to take care of everything around the house when he had finals, and I was very successful, considering that I was really not very functional otherwise. He's been giving me the attention he can spare all semester, and appears to have struck a good balance, since his finals are turning out well.

Thanks for keeping up with my recovery blog - I appreciate the support and knowing that I'm not disappearing into my own problems.