Wednesday, January 2, 2008

How Do You?

With the theme this year of "Just Doing It" some practical questions come to mind.

Today I had a pretty full day of housework and assist puppy dog training. In the midst of all I had about three phone calls. One was from my best-friend-cousin and two were from complainers. Now, I am in a fellowship that I have been a member of a long time and we have a tradition of calling each other and talking over our day and our concerns. I have no problem with that, I do it myself. I even have from time to time complained with a bad day. But what about the constant complainer?

This is a part of America that is truly growing. Because of growing communication people talk to each other like they have known each other for a life time and they just met in the grocery line. And do they tell you about the new great movie they saw? No! How about that their kid just got on the Honor Roll? No! How wonderful their man or woman is? No! Quite the opposite. Literally the opposite. The movie was lousy, their kids are brats and their significant other is a louse.

Or what about people that do know you on a more intimate basis? Do we get together and laugh? Hardly ever. We complain, and lately I've noticed I've even complained about the complainers. Not say anything? Sure, that's one idea, but there could be eventually an emotional nuclear explosion.

It is not considered polite to say anything except agreeing. That's why people can smile as they turn the knife in. I believe there has to be a middle road. I am going to start mentioning to a select group of people in my life, who continually whine, that I'm sorry they are sad, but I am not. I would help them be happy if I could, I can not. I am having a" no holds barred" no bullshit 2008. Do something different, then let know how you feel. And by the way, what did you DO today?

We all have bad days and need a sympathetic ear, no problem for me there, I am not exempt. But, let's laugh and smile, life is too short. And if I see you in the grocery store: The Harry Potter Movies are great, our Puppy will pass Obedience Class with flying colors, my cats are gorgeous and My Man is Wonderful!

No comments: