Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Remembering Florida - Flagler Beach

Since there is 5 inches of snow on the ground it seems like a good time to remember Florida!

The day after Christmas my husband and I left early to see him mother, in Palm Coast. Getting started was only a little harder than getting prepared. As those of you who read my blog know, I cook for the puppies. I cooked 16 crockpots of puppy food, and froze such, for Rita, who came to pet sit all 10 furries. All bow to Rita!

The trip down was beset with a lot of hard rain and was very tedious until Georgia. We stayed overnite outside of Savannah and the next morning back out on the road.
We reached the ocean by A1A about 12,and my mother in laws by 1. The ocean and sunshine were beautiful! I have not been to the warm side of the ocean since a girl.

Our time there was very relaxed. Two 1/2 days we spent lying around and all three of us reading. We went to the beach the first full day, on the pier one day, ate at a snack shack, and drank coffee 2 days across from the beach. We ate most every meal with my mother in law, and found the best Greek Yogurt at the grocery. The Coffee House was a special treat - Java Joint - great coffee, bagels for breakfast, view across from the ocean, great servers and owner, and delightfully dog friendly!

My mother in law is a wonderful hostess and a great lady. She had lots of great stories to tell and times to catch up on. We spent time with 2 of her girlfriends also. One had us over for a simple, yet elegant meal, while we showed them our wedding DVD. I love a pretty table! And the art work and handiwork were beautiful and interesting.

Our last nite there the ladies came over for a pizza party and hawaiian popcorn - what a treat. The next morning the ride home was sad as the farther north we got, the colder it became.

As much as I missed our babies - and yes, I talked to the sitter twice a day! I have to admit - I sure enjoyed spending private time with my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take more of that anytime!

No comments: